Kevin P. Carroll is the male state committee member for the 64th Assembly District (which includes part of Bay Ridge). The local club, Brooklyn Democrats For Change, meets on the first Thursday of the month at Emphasis (6822 4th Avenue).
Kevin Peter Carroll lives in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and has spent his entire career serving his community. He currently works for Councilman Stephen Levin as his scheduler.
In 2006, Kevin Peter took his dedication to Community Board Ten, when he was appointed by Councilman Vincent Gentile. Kevin Peter has served on the Parks, Youth, Transportation, Senior Issues, Housing, Health & Welfare Committees, Military and Veterans Affairs Committees and currently serves on the Environmental and Communications & Public Relations. In 2014, Kevin Peter was reappointed to his 5th full term.
He is a founding member of Brooklyn Democrats for Change (BDFC). He has worked hard to bring important community issues to the forefront of the political debate.
On September 14, 2010, Kevin Peter was elected to the position of Democratic State Committeeman/District Leader of the 60th Assembly District, becoming the Democratic Party Leader for the people of Bay Ridge. At 24, he was the youngest elected state committeeman in Brooklyn history. In 2012, Kevin Peter was re-elected to the newly drawn 64th Assembly District.
Since taking office, Kevin Peter has made unifying Bay Ridge on the legislative level a central issue and has helped to put the issue of reforming Albany on the map throughout Bay Ridge and the city, starting with redistricting reform. This is in addition to his work bringing back the B37 bus, making our streets safer with greater police enforcement, and standing up for Pedestrians, Commuters and Drivers on the 4th Avenue redesign.
Kevin Peter has made his commitment to the community by being involved in a number of community organizations such as:
- Brooklyn Democrats for Change (Current Board Member, Past President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President)
- Brooklyn Community Board Ten (Member)
- 68th Police Community Council (Member)
- The Bay Ridge Community Council (Past Corresponding Secretary and Board Member)
- The Brooklyn Irish American Parade Committee (Member, Past Sergeant-at-Arms, Recording Secretary)
- Bay Ridge Historical Society (Past Board Member)
- The Commodore Barry Club of Brooklyn (Past Sergeant-at-Arms, and Public Relations Officer)
- The Fort Hamilton High School Alumni Association
- The Bay Ridge Festival of the Arts
- Bay Ridge Peace Action
- The Kassenbrock Brothers Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Brooklyn Young Democrats
Visit his website at KevinPeterCarroll.com.